Monday, May 4, 2009

Myrrh on the Mountains: 33 Haiku


Myrrh on the Mountains:
33 Haiku

*

1
Plunge swiftly, pure sword,
straight into my stony heart,
and claim your kingdom.

*

2
Rainbow of promise:
judgment is hope, viewed through the
prism of God’s love.

*

3
Twelve foundation stones,
eternally set in place,
vibrating with love.

*

4
You fit me: white gloves
touching another’s teardrops;
I feel with your heart.

*

5
Alabaster box~
translucent heart broken, love
spilled out in worship.

*

6
Purple tears falling:
incense of wisteria
praying for the rain.

*

7
Monarch butterfly
worships the Creator with
wings: spirit and truth.

*

8
Pearls– priceless beauty,
one by one bought and given–
necklace of wisdom.

*

9
Seven eyes see my
seven kinds of emptiness:
fill me with your light!

*

10
Messenger of fire–
the angel touched me, and my
strength burst into flames.

*

11
Eagle soars and sees,
nests in the heights, breathes the free
fresh air of heaven.

*

12
Dove and voice sealed it:
You bowed under the water;
My filth went with you.

*

13
"Lazarus, come out!
I desire to laugh with you,
and share some supper!"

*

14
Covenant in blood,
the almond branch that budded,
ark’s hidden manna.

*

15
"You overcame me–
with your eyes and with your fierce
commitment to love."

*

16
Zeal for your house burns,
consumes all death and darkness;
fears go up in smoke.

*

17
Single candle burns,
radiant with fragrant light
of two lives exchanged.

*

18
The trees of the Lord
run with sap, giving sweetness
to the one who wounds.

*

19
Blue eyes gaze, wonder
full of love, expounding on
the meaning of blue.

*

20
Overcome by love–
the weight of glory given
in a little kiss!

*

21
O, for ears to hear
the pulse of the Morning Star,
the heart of my God!

*

22
No one but the child
has hands empty enough to
receive the Kingdom.

*

23
Maple leaf floating
down the river rapids won’t
fret about the falls.

*

24
Prophets, priests and kings
wanted the Pearl of Pearls, but
You gave it to babes.

*

25
Christ in us, dawning,
growing brighter and brighter--
the hope of full Day.

*

26
"How can I bless You?"
"Your music, not the angels’,
is My heart’s delight."

*

27
Straight the snow geese fly,
their lifeline encircled by
the sky’s soft embrace.

*

28
Forever begins
with You; I touch the light that
makes time obsolete.

*

29
Father’s love guards, with
flaming sword, the Tree of Life
until it saves us.

*

30
With every command
comes the faith to obey it.
Doors come with a key.

*

31
Cast down the darkness
From the seven high mountains–
restore the glory.

*

32
Lily in the thorns–
I cannot have your passion
without sacrifice.

*

33
The last enemy,
death– trampled by His Body,
put under His feet.

*

Haiku by Karen Gladys Henry ©2009

"Indebted Only to Love" is a photomontage by Karen Gladys Henry ©2008

No comments: